The course focuses on teaching people how to use related to maintaining a database tools and product features SQL Server 2014.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features of SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities through SQL Server data platform.
The primary audience for this course is for individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server data bases. These individuals perform maintenance and management of databases as their primary area of responsibility, or they work in environments where databases play a key role in their main job.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content database SQL Server database.
Module 1: Introduction to Database Management SQL Server 2014
This module presents the platform of Microsoft SQL Server 2014. Describe the components editions and versions of SQL Server 2014 and the tasks that a database administrator is commonly done to an instance of SQL Server.
• Summary administrative database
• Introduction to SQL Server platform
• Technical and management tools database
Module 2: Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014
This module explains how to assess resource requirements for SQL Server 2014 and how to install it.
• Planning installing SQL Server
• Installing SQL Server 2014
• Post-Installation Setup
Module 3: Working with databases and storage
This module describes how data is stored in databases, creating databases, how to manage database files and how to move them. Other tasks related to the storage, management include the tempdb database and fast storage devices used to extend the SQL Server buffer pool cache, also discussed.
• Introduction to data storage with SQL Server
• Storage Management for database system
• Storage managing user databases
• Moving database files
• Configuring Extension Buffer Pool
Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
In this module, we will consider how to create a backup strategy that is aligned with organizational needs and learn to perform backup operations required by the strategy.
• Understanding SQL Server recovery models
• Planning a Backup Strategy
• Backup database and transaction logs
• Using Backup options
• Reliable backup
Module 5: Restore Databases SQL Server 2014
In this module, you will see how to restore databases and user system and how to implement recovery point-in-time.
• Understanding the restore process
• Restore Databases
• Advanced Restore Scenarios
• Working with the point in time recovery
Module 6: Importing and Exporting Data
In this module, we will briefly explore tools and techniques that can import and export data from SQL Server.
• Introduction to data transfer
• Import and export data from the table
• Copy or move a database
Module 7: Monitoring SQL Server 2014
This module explains how to use three of the most commonly used tools: Activity Monitor, Dynamic Management Views and Functions (DMV and DMF) and Performance Monitor.
• Introduction to SQL Server monitoring
• Functions and Dynamic Management Views
• Performance Monitor
Module 8: Monitoring SQL Server activity
This module describes how to use SQL Server Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures to capture information about SQL Server and how to use that information to troubleshoot and optimize workloads SQL Server.
• Tracking the activity of SQL Server workload
• Traces using
Module 9: Managing SQL Server Security
In this module you will learn about the basic concepts on which the security architecture is based SQL Server and how to manage security level database and server.
• Introduction to SQL Server security
• Security Management server level
• Managing directors database level
• Permissions management database
Module 10: Audit data access and data encryption
This module describes the options available for auditing SQL Server, how to use and manage the audit function of SQL Server and how to implement encryption.
• Audit access data in SQL Server
• Implementing SQL Server Audit
• Database encryption
Module 11: Maintaining current database
This module describes common maintenance database that a DBA should perform and demonstrates how to automate these tasks using maintenance plans.
• Ensuring the integrity of the database
• Index maintenance
• Automation of routine maintenance of the database
Module 12: Automating Administration SQL Server 2014
This module describes how to use the SQL Server Agent to automate tasks, how to configure security settings for jobs and how to implement several workstations servers.
• Automate management of SQL Server
• Running SQL Server Agent jobs
• Managing SQL Server Agent jobs
• Management of work contexts security step
• Managing jobs on multiple servers
Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server 2014 by using alerts and notifications
This module covers configuring Mail database, alerts and notifications.
• Monitoring SQL Server errors
• Configuring Mail database
• Setting operators, alerts and notifications