Describe how to implement multidimensional models and tabular data, deliver reports with microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, create dashboards with microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services and find business ideas by using data mining.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features of SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities through SQL Server data platform.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill the role of Business Intelligence Developer to create analysis and reporting solutions.
Main responsibilities include:
Implementation of analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes.
Implementation reporting and delivery management report.
Creating panels business performance.
Support for data mining and predictive analytics.
Module 1: Introduction to Data Modeling and Business Intelligence
As a professional database SQL Server database, you may be required to participate in, or perhaps even lead a project to implement a solution for effective enterprise BI. Therefore, it is important that you have a good understanding of the different elements of a BI solution, businesses and staff are typically involved in a BI project and microsoft products you can use to implement the solution.
• Elements of an enterprise BI solution
• The microsoft BI platform Enterprise
• Planning a project BI Enterprise
Module 2: Creating multidimensional databases
This module provides an introduction to multidimensional databases and presents the basic components of a cube online analytical processing (OLAP).
• Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
• Creating data sources and data source views
• Create a cube
• Safety Summary cube
Module 3: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
This module describes how to create and configure dimensions and dimension hierarchies in a model of multidimensional Analysis Services data.
• Dimensional configuration
• Definition of attribute hierarchies
• Sort and group hierarchies
Module 4: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
This module describes the measures and measure groups. It also explains how you can use to define dimensions and fact tables associated measures.
• Working with measures
• Working with Measure Groups
Module 5: Introduction to MDX
This module describes the basics of MDX calculations and explains how to build, as calculated members and named sets.
• Fundamentos MDX
• Add the calculations to a cube
• Using MDX to query a cube
Module 6: Improving a bucket
This module describes how to improve a cube with key performance indicators (KPI), actions, perspectives and translations.
• Working with key performance indicators
• Working with actions
• Working with perspectives
• Working with translations
Module 7: Implementing a model of tabular data analysis services
This module describes models Analysis Services tabular data and explains how to develop a model of tabular data using database tools for SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) add-in for Visual Studio.
• Introduction to Analysis Services tabular data models
• Creating a tabular data model.
• Using an analytical model of tabular data services company
Module 8: Introduction to DAX
This module explains the basics of the DAX language. It also explains how you can use DAX to create calculated columns and measures, and how you can use them in their models of tabular data.
• Fundamentos DAX
• Improve tabular data model with DAX
Module 9: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
This module introduces microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and discusses the tools and techniques a professional BI developer can use to create and publish reports.
• Introducción a Reporting Services
• Create a report with the report designer
• Grouping and aggregation in a report
• Publishing and Viewing a Report
Module 10: Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
This module describes how to improve a SQL Server reporting services report with graphs and other visualizations and how to use parameters to filter data in a report.
• Show data graphically
• Filtering reports using parameters
Module 11: Managing report execution and delivery
This module describes how to apply security and performance settings and how to create report subscriptions to deliver reports.
• Managing Security Report
• Management report execution
• Subscriptions and Alerts Data
• Information Services Troubleshooting
Module 12: SharePoint BI con PerformancePoint Services Delivery
This module introduces microsoft SharePoint Server as a platform for BI and then focuses on the creation of BI dashboards and scorecards with PerformancePoint Services.
• Introduction to SharePoint Server as a platform for BI
• Introduction to PerformancePoint Services
• PerformancePoint data sources and Time Intelligence
• Reports, Dashboards and Scorecards
Module 13: Perform predictive analysis with data mining
This module introduces data mining, describes how to create a data mining solution, how to validate data mining models, how to use data mining add-ins for microsoft Excel and how to incorporate data mining results in Reporting Services reports.
• Summary Data Mining
• Creating a data mining solution
• Model Validation Data Mining
• Consumption data mining