About this Course This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on developing in Azure using Storage, Cloud Services, Service Bus, Active Directory, WebSites and SQL among other features. This course also focuses on using the provided .NET SDKs, REST APIs, configuration and deployment options related to Azure.
The developers targeted by this training are web application developers who have 6-12 months of web development experience using ASP.NET and C#. Said developers are interested in deploying their ASP.NET applications to Azure, integrating the applications with the Azure services.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
* Describe Azure and the capabilities that it provides to application developers. Students will also beable to use the Management Portal to effectively navigate the Azure platform and their deployed applications.
* Use the Management Portal to create, modify, scale and dispose of Azure services. The students will also use alternative (PowerShell, REST) methods for managing Azure services.
* Create and host a simple website using Azure Websites. Students will learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
* Build a modular web application and host it using Azure Cloud Service Web Roles.
* Use Cloud Service Worker Roles to process data in the background. Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
* Use Azure SQL to store and retrieve data.
* Store data in Azure Table Storage.
* Store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
* Use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. Students will also learn how to use Azure Service Bus Queues for queuing data.
* Use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.